Monday, August 25, 2008

I missed breakfast!

Today did not start well. I overslept and missed the entire delegation breakfast. It went until 10 a.m., and I got there at 9:50a.m. My mistake was in relying on the hotel alarm clock. It had a dinky little beep-beep-beep sound that did not wake me up. Tomorrow, I set it on the radio setting at full volume.

One of the wait staff at the ballroom was so kind to get me something to eat, while everyone else was buzzing about, talking to each other and the speakers. I was told that John Chiang, the state controller, was an excellent speaker.

Of course, Nancy Pelosi led things off, and there were a signs that had been passed out that said, “Madame Speaker!” I did manage to get one that was left under a table. I'm disappointed I missed her, but I take solace from having seen her at Netroots Nation last month.

Just over to my left now is Art Torres who has attracted a small crowd around him. Now I’m off to get my credential and maybe go to a Progressive Democrats of America event with the editor of “The Nation” magazine.

No comments: